Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just Do It


Just Do It - Inspirations from Everyday Occurrences

I remember as a child, having learned to swim and really wanting to be able to dive, rather than walk down the steps into the pool or jump in like girl. How many times did I stand on the side of the pool, thinking ‘today I’ll do it’? Many dozens at least, if not hundreds.

I am reminded of this just about every time I take a shower. When it comes time to lift up my foot to wash between my toes. I know full well that I can balance on one leg for long enough to achieve the desired effect, but if I hesitate for even a second, then I somehow have lost the necessary stability and find I need to use one hand to hold on and steady myself.

Not a big deal perhaps; not a bad idea to think better safe than sorry? (I’m told that more people than you would think are injured in shower accidents.) But as the years advance and I must accept decreasing physical and mental capabilities, I very much want to practice balance and control for as long into the future as possible. So this is genuinely a regular useful reminder that in many cases, one should 'Just Do It'!

Could Life Be Any Better

No comments: