Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thoughts do Become Things


Thoughts do Become Things

Today I had another clear reminder - if one should be necessary - of how everything which happens has been preceded at some time by one or more thoughts. We were on our early morning walk with the dogs and took an unfamiliar route in the park. Remembering that this park is no more than a kilometre or so away from where I have lived for the past 15 years, my ‘discovery’ of the most perfect ‘dingly dell’ also tells me that I do not always need to travel in order to experience spectacular views.
The spot in question is in fact one of the well springs for which our little town (which I prefer to think of as a big village) is justly famous and much visited.
Being totally captivated by this previously unseen vista reminded me of exactly why, when I first visited here in 1993, I said immediately that this is where I really want to live. It just felt right and I understand why I have been justified in following my instinct, when accommodation was difficult to come by and it often appeared that it might be easier to compromise. There are many other attractive places within a short distance of here, where we could just as easily have settled.
I am so pleased that I was able to follow my heart’s desire and so feel good about where I live just about all the time.

Could Life Be Any Better

No comments: